Hi lovelies ! Today Iam sharing a quick and easy recipe with you all .
I know It’s been quite sometime since I wrote a blog post and it’s majorly because I’ve been hustling to create content for instagram page . Please follow us there if you aren’t already , link given below . Now I’ve decided to balance the content on my blog and instagram, hope it works out.!
Anyways , Besides building my instagram profile I also did little bit of declutterring as I found out it was the main reason behind my anxiety problems !
While decluttering I stumbled upon a cookbook which I have no idea where it came from , as I surfed through its pages I found this amazing quick and easy recipe of brownies made using dates !!
As soon as I saw that I knew I had to make it because I really wanted to use up the dates collected during the holy month of Ramadan
Date brownies is something I’ve never heard before and so the curiosity got the better of me and I had to make it because I wanted to see if it actually tasted the way I imagined it to
It’s quite a simple quick and easy brownie recipe which yields fudgy and soft brownies with amazing chocolate flavor . You don’t get the taste of dates as much but it imparts a good amount of sweetness to the brownies.
If I make them next time I would be sure to add some walnuts for that crunch !!
You don’t need any equipments for this recipe except a big bowl , a rubber spatula , a fork or a whisk and a baking dish of course!
Even though I forgot to add the baking powder,they baked perfectly and turned out good but I suggest it’s better to stick to the recipe add whatever is in there, I also halved the amount of sugar this recipe actually called for because I felt the dates were actually quite sweet and added cinnamon powder for that kick !! .
Here is the recipe. Do try it, Iam sure you will love it as much as I do !
Please check out my other recipes on the blog too:
- 2 Cups Chopped dates
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 Cup boiling water
- 200g or 3/4 cup +2tbsp Finely diced butter , at room temperature
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cups Caster sugar
- 1 Cup Dark cocoa,sifted
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Put dates in a large bowl,add baking soda and boiling water and stir to combine . Add finely diced butter and stir until melted . Leave it to stand for 20min.
- Mash softened dates with a fork or a whisk to break them up to a creamy consistency. Stir in the eggs , vanilla and mix well until combined . In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients sugar ,flour , Cinnamon powder, cocoa powder , baking powder and mix them together .
- Add the dry ingredients to the dates mixture , stir until smooth . Add in the chocolate chips . You can chopped walnuts now if you like .
- Smooth into the prepared dish and bake until it is set in the middle and begins to come away from the sides of the baking dish (about 50min)Cool before cutting into squares .Store in an air tight container , it will stay good until couple of weeks .