Hello lovelies !! How was your week?? We had a long weekend here owing to national day celebrations! We took this opportunity for a quick getaway with family to a hilly area with low temperatures . Will share more about the trip in another post soon . So stay tuned!! . Well I made this lovely caramel cake for our roadtrip , It turned out so yummy that I just had to share it with you guys!!
This dessert consists of a top silky smooth caramel pudding layer and bottom cake layer , It’s made by adding both batters to the same dish and it while baking that the magic happens and the batters separate to give you two beautiful layers !
It’s super easy recipe, I’ve used box mix for the cake layer ( I used chocolate mix , you can use which ever you like) which makes it more easy and hassle free while the caramel only consists of 5 ingredients. The only hard part is to wait while it chills in the fridge overnight . !!
It was on https://fauziaskitchenfun.com/ I saw this recipe for the first time , but I was fairly new to the kitchen business at that time and was really intimidated by the recipe so never attempted it .
I’ve referred her recipe too it’s quite similar , the main difference being that I’ve used box mix for the cake !
Check out my other recipes:
Here is the recipe!
Try it out and share your pictures with us by using the #withlovesis❤️ Or tag us @with.love.sis On Instagram .
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 box mix cake
- Preheat the oven to 200C .Heat 2 cups water to prepare for water bath .
- In a pan add 1/2 cup sugar heat it on medium low heat , when it just starts melting add 3tbsp water . Do not stir.Heat it until all the melts and the colour changes to golden amber colour.
- Add the caramelized sugar to the baking dish ( I used 8” round cake pan) . Spread it out evenly .
- Add eggs , condensed milk , milk and vanilla to a blender and blend it well Add this mixture to the cake pan on top of the caramel sugar. Set it aside
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box . Add the cake batter to the cake pan . You will only need half the batter , you can bake a normal cake with the rest of the batter.Don’t worry if the cake batter gets mixed with the caramel , the layers will separate while baking !
- Place the cake pan in a water bath and place enter everything into the oven . Bake it for 40 min or until toothpick when inserted comes out clean .
- After taking the cake out of the oven , let it cool down , then place it into the refrigerator for atleast 6 hours or preferably overnight . For demoulding the cake ,take it out of the refrigerator 30min before serving and heat the cake pan on stove for 30sec so that the caramel is melted and releases the pan easily . Flip the pan on to a plate , and enjoy !!